iphone 4s is acting bizarre, please help

Reaction score
I was using my phone last night to take pictures and suddenly it froze on the lock screen. I was able to see when I got texts but unable to access the phone or even turn it off. SO I took the battery out. It was around half charged. When I put the battery back in the phone would not power on. I brought it home and plugged it in and the phone went to 100% charged but it was stuck on Thursday July 1st which isn't even a valid date. Plus the time is wrong. It wouldn't connect to the internet, it just keeps saying searching for service. I don't have phone service, I use it with a wifi hot spot so I went into settings to turn on the wifi and I can't turn anything on. If I unplug the phone it turns off immediatly. I reset the settings and figured I'll try to connect it to itunes and get what I can before I do a hard restart but it wont connect, it just flashes the logo and turns off. I'd like to salvage the data if I can but really I want to find out how to fix it and what happened. I'm running iOS 7.1.1.

Also if I leave it plugged in it restarts and the date and time when it restarts in a different month.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like your 4s has other problems besides not being able to reset. Has the phone been dropped or left in a hot car? You could take it on in to Apple and let them look at it but it may cost you to have it repaired. As far as getting your data off the phone, have you been backing up to your computer or to iCloud? If you get a new iPhone you can always restore the data to the new phone or if/when you fix the 4s.

OP
S
Reaction score
Its old, but nothings happened to it. I tried recovering it but it wont, because the apple logo just flashes on and off the whole time it doesn't think the phone is connected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.