Using Steelseries Sensei [Raw] makes Macbook Pro OSX Kernel panic

Reaction score
Ok, so i've been using this mouse for around a year, and it always worked great. Today I decided to install the new Steelseries Engine 3 so I could update my mouse's drivers.

I downloaded it and installed it, and to conclude the installation I had to reconnect and connect my device, but it wasn't connected. So I simply connected and when I did that, my Mac had a Kernel Panic. I turn it off and on again, and since then everytime I either connect it or use it when it's already connected Mac has a Kernel Panic.

I tried everything I thinked of already, I deleted the engines and downloaded them again, and nothing works, it still leads to Kernel Panic.

I have used another mouse in this Mac and it works, and have used the Steelseries Sensei in another Mac and it worked, so the problem is really between my Macbook Pro and the Sensei. Now since the other mouse sucks, I really want to fix this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thx for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
^^^^

And provide them with the model Mac and version of OS X you are using.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
^^^^

And provide them with the model Mac and version of OS X you are using.

Naw!! Let them be like so many posters here that like to have any Mac helpers just guess and assume!!! :( :Confused:

There should be a pre-post Sticky to include at least some basic info, and maybe directions like checking their "About This Mac" etc!! ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.