usb voice recorder

Reaction score
Can't get it to playback,Its new and not sure if I need to format? If so instructions say to format to FAT32 I thinks there talking about a pc not mac any thoughts

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We'll probably need a little more information for the best answer. The last time I played with one of these things the setup varied a bit for each one:

1. What Mac model and OS are you using?
2. What is the make and model of the recorder?
3. If you have already tried to use it what happened when you did?

OP
B
Reaction score
OS X version 10.9.3, The usb VR is an anybest. And all it says to do is plug it in and double cliq on the icon and it supposed to play back I think there talking about a pc! when I cliq on it it says open I cliq open and there is no content. This is what the add says Ultra-portable 16GB huge storage device.,Supports WAV format;Built-in flash memory; Windows / Mac compatible.,Recording bit rate:384kbps,recorder the highest recorder quality.,Playback function; Plug-and-play ,no drive need.,Great for conferences, meeting, lectures, classes, and many other events.Thanks Bob

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I did a bit of poking around at some of the questions on Amazon for recorders made by these guys. It seems that it should work on Macs. Try the following right click the sound file and choose Open With from the context menu.

From there choose something that should open WAV files iTunes, VLC, Audacity etc. Let us know what happens. Does it have a specific model number?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
uhm....

have you recorded anything onto it yet?

have you charged it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
So, the device mounted on your desktop - kind of like a flash drive - and you open the flash drive to see what's inside, and there's nothing - no folders, etc? Just asking to make this clearer...

OP
B
Reaction score
I have a another one coming this time i'll keep the instructions and let you all know what it says.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.