Speakers for my iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
So, I'm tired of listening to the tiny speakers built into my iMac and I'm going to break down an buy some new ones. I Found a brand new pair of speakers for an iMac G4, Apple Pro Speakers and an iSub that are in like new condition.

2 questions. I'm alittle confused about these speakers. I just assumed that they plug into the Headphone jack like 99.999% of the other speakers out there, but it looks like they use the USB port, is that correct? Also, do the Pro Speakers and the iSub each use a USB port? Last question about these, what is the quality like? Are these nice speakers or just a POS?

My other option was to go with the HK SoundSticks II. Anybody have an feed back on these?

Thanks

Reaction score
I believe to use Pro Speakers, you'll need an adapter made by Griffen Technology called the iFire

X

xbrian87

I use the JBL Encounters. I bought them for $150 a year ago and I adore them; plus they're white so they match wonderfully.

Try JBL Encounters, Creatures and Harmon Kardon Soundsticks 2.

Those 3 are beautiful speakers for not a lot of money, and they're white/clear so they look stunning on your desk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.