Sound control

Reaction score
Quite recently and suddenly my sound volume buttons F10, F11, F12 stopped functioning. And now I am having ghost music played tome which I didn't order. Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me nuts.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Is the ghost music appearing everywhere or just when you are in a browser. If it is a browser window check to see if there is a window open and hidden somewhere.

As far as the function keys go check the Keyboard preference pane. Change the Keyboard tab and change the use F1 F2 keys as standard function keys setting to see if that makes a difference.

OP
R
Reaction score
Many thanks for those two pointers. I found that closing all tabs laid the ghost to rest, with only some small hint of a resurrection later on. I'll have a look at the keyboard preference pane too.
Thanks a lot
Rob

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Let me know how that goes with the keyboard preference. If I am understanding your problem correctly I had the same problem recently and changing that setting fixed it for me.

If it doesn't work we'll try something else.

OP
R
Reaction score
It worked a treat,many thanks. Just can't work out why. If all FI,F2, etc keys as are used as standard function keys {if selected) what is non-standard? But you sorted it for me and I'm most grateful.
Best wishes
rob

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If all FI,F2, etc keys as are used as standard function keys {if selected) what is non-standard?

That refers to what you see on the keys. For example: F1 = Brightness down, F2 = Brightness up, and so on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.