• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Transformers AoE movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
So what does everything think about the new Transformers movie?

I personally thought it was the best yet. The first was great, but that was more because it was the first and the animation was more eye candy then anything. That said the first did seem to have a good story line. By part 2 and 3 it was more redundant Shia LaBeouf screening and stuttering. Getting rid of his character was a good call. This last movie to me had a much deeper storyline and the introduction of Marky Mark was a great call. I am also glad that we didn't see half the autobots get trashed this movie. Did loose Ratchet in the movie, but his death helped fuel the storyline. My only suggestion and it may have been cut out, was that before Grimlocks and Optimuses fight is that there should have been more dialog. Instead it was Opt giving a one way speech and mindless 30sec fight.. Could have been better in that part, but over all much better then the last two and even better then the first IMHO...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Haven't seen the newest yet. Might see it in the theater IF it's still showing on this one particular screen that's larger than all the others and has an awesome sound setup. I always see the action movies on that screen.

I thought the first one was solid and I enjoyed it. After that, I think each movie has been a little worse than the one before it. That's disappointing because I LOVED the Transformers cartoons growing up and had some of the toys too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I thought it was a horrible movie riddled with gaping plot holes. Of course I expected nothing less and enjoyed it just fine, though I was quite disappointed we didn't get to hear "Me Grimlock say...". There was definitely not enough dinobot action.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.