MacBook Pro fan problem

Reaction score
I seem to have a problem with my MacBook's fan. When I start playing any game, even a small game like Chess Titans, the fan reaches 6200 rpm and I can hear the fans spinning and the laptop temperature reaches 80-85 C. I don't think that's normal. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I seem to have a problem with my MacBook's fan. When I start playing any game, even a small game like Chess Titans, the fan reaches 6200 rpm and I can hear the fans spinning and the laptop temperature reaches 80-85 C. I don't think that's normal. Can anyone please help?

It's not abnormal (fan speed or temps.). The simple answer is...graphics intensive games use a lot of computer resources. More resources = more heat...and more heat = higher fan rpm's.

The Chess Titians game you mentioned must obviously need/use more computer resources than you think.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.