configuring HDD and SSD on mac mini

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum and this is the first time i have had a mac in ten years so i am really out of the loop. i currently own a mac mini with 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD. the SSD is the start up disk and I would like to know how to move files to the HDD so as to use the huge space there and keep the SSD freer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not technically minded at all so please be gentle and patient!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Just Drag and Drop from one drive to another.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you i will have a look at that link. The model is 2012 2.3GHZ intel i7 with OS X 10.9.04

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi, Im feeling very confused here..... i can't even find my drives on the mac. As I said before its been a long time since I had a mac, years ago, the hard drives would be present on the desktop and you could click on them and find your applications and files etc. I can't even find the hard drives let alone drag and drop from one to the other.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well I've found the hard drives. Ive got an awful lot to re learn in a short space of time! Thank you to those who have replied so far.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You might find some of the information here helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.