Should I buy an air or pro now or wait?

Reaction score
My problem is now they have the educators deals and free gift cards and what not but should I buy it now or wait for the updates that state "coming this fall" the the iso 8 and the OS X Yosemite?

I edit and film video for youtube so I need a mac so I can use final cut and I don't really mind waiting if it means cheaper :$

OP
B
Reaction score
My problem is now they have the educators deals and free gift cards and what not but should I buy it now or wait for the updates that state "coming this fall" the the iso 8 and the OS X Yosemite?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Assuming you are talking about "MacBook Pro's" and "MacBook Air's"…there no need to cross-post. Questions about notebook computers don't belong in the desktop area.

As far as when to buy. This is up to you. We cannot predict the future…as to when & what Apple will release next (we don't know & Apple doesn't tell us). If you need a computer now…purchase a computer now. If you can wait…wait.:)

For me (if I was looking for a new computer). The "back to school" gift card deal is not enough incentive…if…I was concerned about what coming next.

Logically think about it from a business perspective. The computers that Apple sells at back to school time…are basically the…"Let's clear out the warehouse" stock.

Why? Lately Apple has been following a trend of releasing new notebook computers in the "Early" and "Late" parts of the year. This means something like February and October. So the computers that are sold at Back To School Time (and Christmas)…will in a very short time…be the older discontinued model.

So it comes down to…is the Back To School gift card promotion enough incentive to get a computer now…or better to wait until October when new models have a good chance of being released.

Like I mentioned above. For me…if I'm spending around $1500 +/- on a brand new computer…I want the latest & greatest. Unless…I'm getting a "killer" deal on a current model. And a $100 gift card (to me) is NOT a "killer deal". Especially since the gift card saves me nothing on the actual computer purchase.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.