Wrong lens info on iPhoto

Reaction score
I recently started using a Tokina 12-28mm lens on my Canon T1i. When I look at my photos and click the "info" button, it says I'm using a Canon 17-85. I'm assuming it just doesn't recognize this newer Tokina lens. I'm running Lion on the iMac.The other info, as far as iso, aperture, shutter speed and and focal length seems to be in order, it just thinks I'm using a different lens. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to just live with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The exif info on the file is written at the same time as the photo is taken. So it's your camera not writing the correct info, rather than iPhoto not recognising it. So unless there's a firmware update for the camera or a way of entering the details of the lens manually on the camera then this is how it will be.

There are ways to edit the exif data but that's pretty labour intensive if you have many images

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.