Scanning In

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Hello

What free program could i use for scanning pictures onto my Imac G5 (not intel)..

Thanks

WizzKid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What kind of scanner do you have? Mine came with software for the mac. Check to see if your scanner came with if so that is the best to use..
I don't know of any other options sorry :-\ but I am sure somebody else here will have other options if your scanner did not come with software.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Scanner are you using? If it's supported by OSX, you just open the application Image Capture and you can scan in all your pictures. I have mine set to open Photoshop, but you can leave it configured to open Preview. You can add them to iPhoto.

Image Capture is in Applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i have a canon scanner, and mine came with the software...

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Yea sorry about that just plugged it in and siad i needed drivers - got them and hay presto works with image capture......i love the way apple reconiseses things :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
VueScan is VERY good if your scanner is not supported by OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.