Other user can't see latest uploads to i Photo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 IMac, 2.7GHz i5, 32GB 1333MHz, OSX 10.13.6
My wife and I have separate logins. When she logs in she can't see the latest photos that I uploaded into i-Photo or indeed the folder structure that I have sorted our photos into. Any help much appreciated.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-Photo Library

Problem solved.
It appears that my wife was using a library created last year. I made my (the) library shared and given her read&write permission. Then on her login, in i-Photo switched to my library and she can now see all the photos. I'm guessing it would be safe to delete the duplicate library?

Cheers

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For sure Steve. Bet your not game to tell her it was her fault?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If only! Looking at the creation date it was a couple weeks after we first had the Mac, could have only been me. Now got a fault with the screen, left half switching slightly darker, that's probably going to be my fault as well. Better find the paperwork!
:(

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-Photo library locked

Now when she has i-Photo open and we switch users I can't open i-Photo 'cos it says the library is locked. Is there no way we can both have the library open? Obviously only one of us will be able to see it at anyone time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.