Calls go straight to Voicemail

Reaction score
Calls to my iPhone 5s (7.1.1) go straight to voicemail – the phone does not ring at all. The only exception is when the phone is not asleep (i.e. with all the icons showing) – in this case the phone rings as one would expect.

Many thanks in advance for comments.

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
We had a lot of trouble with this ourselves recently. Resetting the network settings on our iPhones seems to have cured it. Before you start, make sure you have a complete backup done via iTunes (or iCloud if you do it that way). Next, open up the Settings app on your iPhone, then go to "General", "Reset", "Reset Network Settings". This will wipe all network-related settings, including wi-fi passwords, but nothing else.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply.
Earlier today I tried all kinds of things including the “Do not Disturb” function. I’m now not quite sure what I did but it is (touch wood!) OK. I’ll keep your suggestions in reserve in case my fix was not permanent.
M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.