Reply to thread on iPhone

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Is it not possible to reply to a thread on an iPhone. I have tried several times but no reply pane available.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Bottom line Rod: It's a real PITA to do these forums on your iPhone. I gave up trying to use mine long ago. It's real easy on my iPad but the forum software is just not made for iPhone usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Bottom line Rod: It's a real PITA to do these forums on your iPhone. I gave up trying to use mine long ago. It's real easy on my iPad but the forum software is just not made for iPhone usage.

As I said in the other thread, I would really love them to put this forum into TapaTalk, because that App has come such a long way, and I use it all the time, for my Photography Forums, AMW Forum, and others. Its easy to navigate, and has all the feature you could want in a Forum App . . . . But the powers to be, are just stubborn :( Unfortunately for us. . . .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I hear you Brent. Chris brought this same thing up to the folks at iNET but it seems that there may some problem with using it in our forums. I'm not sure what their response to the request was but only that it would be taken under consideration.

I've never used TapaTalk but I suspect that even though it will make navigating our forums easier, old eyes like mine might be better off just using either the iMac at home or the iPad when on the road.

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Thank you both, as usual you are a great help especially the chrome option to request desktop site. I am replying on my iPhone so that definitely works. Using Mail Box has enabled me to set chrome as my default browser so all in all very successful. Now I can reply to links in email from Mac Forums. It's still a bit awkward of course but at least possible. Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.