• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What the heck with my mouse...

M

moosegoose

Hey, I have a "mighty mouse" or whatever that came with my iMac and also an MX 1000. Obviously, the mx would be choice to use seeing as how it cost me $80 in the first place and uses laser instead of optical. However, it doesn't feel the same at all compared to the stock Apple mouse. It feels like is drags alot more across the screen compared to what came with the iMac, is there a way to fix this? It's far more accurate when working in Photoshop and what not so I would like to get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I am not entirely sure what you mean drags a lot more across the screen. Have you checked system preferences and turned up the speed? Or there could be interference in your wireless connection? Or it could be because the MX 1000 is much more accurate when going across the surface that rather than skipping pixels it goes over every one...

OP
M

moosegoose

Yeah, even when the sensitivity is up at max, the mouse still slowly and lazily moves across the screen. It's a straight shot from the mouse the the charger as well. It doesn't jitter around and miss pixels, it still get's all of them...it also almost feels like there is mouse lag (if you are familiar with games on PC's).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You installed all the software? (I know most mouses work with out extra software, even though some is included) You could always try it on another computer? Load up Activity monitor, and see if you can tell anything from there.. RAM/CPU consumption? I really have never had problems with a logitech mouse before, could be a malfunction? or could be your intel mac isn't working smoothly with it... wait for more firmware and software updates? :biohazard

OP
M

moosegoose

Well, I just checked it again. Feels fine now...I guess the whole feel of mice in OS X is different in the first place (I just switched from PC's to Mac a little over a week ago).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah ok, good glad to hear its not a huge problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.