Battery charging problem

Reaction score
I've been having minor issues with my 6mo MacBook Pro for a few weeks--icons bouncing, battery stopping charging at 95%.

Today my battery won't charge. It's at 22% and the Mac is running on AC. I've tried SMC and PRAM resets but no result. I've got a green light on the MagSafe adapter. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Battery Information:

Pack Lot Code: 0
PCB Lot Code: 0
Firmware Version: 201
Hardware Revision: 2
Cell Revision: 158
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 1214
Fully Charged: No
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5560
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 48
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 11233

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've been having minor issues with my 6mo MacBook Pro for a few weeks--icons bouncing, battery stopping charging at 95%.

Since you've already done some troubleshooting (PRAM and SMC reset)...and if this is a 6 month old computer you bought new...I would suggest contacting Apple about it (local Apple Store or online). This is what that including 12 months of Applecare is for.:)

- Nick

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer! Now to dig out the paperwork...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer! Now to dig out the paperwork...

There's no need to "dig out the paperwork". Apple tracks everything via the serial number. The serial number tells Apple when the computer was purchased...which will thus show that it is less than a year old.

This computer could currently be in the hands of it's 4th owner...and everything would work the exact same way.:)

Just make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store (if this is the method you are thinking of)...then head to the store.:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I heart Apple even more now! Thanks for letting me know. :D

As long as this problem is a random issue (computer wasn't physically damaged or liquid spilled on it)...then Apple will get things straightened out!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.