Am I the only one???

T

tobigshoes

I had one of the very earliest macs that had been produced. It had like a 7 in screen, black/white of course, SPECTACULAR machine. Obviously over the years became outdated and the family switched to PCs, and I've been using them ever since. So am I the only person who wants to get a Mac to broaded my spectrum?? I've gotten so bored with PCs over the past few years I had to try something new. Thank God for this little iBook machine!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
No, that's pretty much why I bought one. I liked the feel of the OS and the hardware, so I switched. I still use XP sometimes (read: when I have no choice...) but the mac seems a more pleasant experience to me.

Reaction score
Funnily, and amazingly, I have never had to use XP even once since November 2005. The mac just does it all for my kind of work (and there's the key: not everyone's "kind of work" will fit in the mac world).

I am just so happy, at last computing, doing what you need to do, never worrying about drivers, bluescreens, out of memories, and that kind of stuff. It's even fun.

We love macOS, don't we...

Reaction score
I am using my PC right now... It runs WoW great for being how cheap it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
My friends girldfriend has about 5 old Mac's ' the whole family used to use them but now they are a PC family as well. It strange considering the father is a technology nut, maybe he hasn't seen the light yet.

Why do people still bring up the blue screen? That was crushed with Win 2000/XP!

OP
T

tobigshoes

Jabjabs said:
Why do people still bring up the blue screen? That was crushed with Win 2000/XP!

Haha... I only wish that were true....
I've had to reformat my PC numerous times because of that blasted blue screen.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Jabjabs said:
My friends girldfriend has about 5 old Mac's ' the whole family used to use them but now they are a PC family as well. It strange considering the father is a technology nut, maybe he hasn't seen the light yet.

Tell that to my sisters laptop... or my Dad's HP... or my friends custom build... or better yet, tell that to my last PC and both of it's hard drives.

OP
I

imacdoyou

Unfortunately, the blue screen of death does still occur even with XP. I work on many current models of Dell laptops and desktops running XP and I see it at least once a week. Of course, if everyone used a mac, I'd be out of a job fixing windows PCs! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I just don't understand how everyone complains about the "blue screen" so much. What were you guys doing to your computer? I rarely had a problem with windows. I like OSX more, but I think everyone is being a bit fanboyish.

OP
K

Kokopelli

munch said:
I just don't understand how everyone complains about the "blue screen" so much. What were you guys doing to your computer? I rarely had a problem with windows. I like OSX more, but I think everyone is being a bit fanboyish.

Agreed, it does happen upon occasion (though it has been a year or so for me) but it is not commonplace as it once was.

My primary machine is my Mac, but I do have a Thinkpad I dual boot into XP and Linux and have had no problems with XP when I am using it (and I do most days). Each OS has strong and weak points. I find OS X to be superior to XP but I am not religious about the subject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Jabjabs said:

No, it wasn't :eek:neye:

Reaction score
You aren't the only one. I've been using the PC since before DOS 3!!! I just got my iMac in January. Yes, it's fun, different, stable and a lot of the pains found in windows aren't around. I had some crashes and stuff with the Mac, but after troubleshooting to the cause and removing some offending software, my problems have vanished.

As to the comments about Blue Screen...I'll also add my 2 cents that they aren't gone. They are much less likely, but I've seen them. In my experience, they seem to be more likely to occur as a result of some types of hardware problems/conflicts, severy driver issues or Hard Disk problems or data corruptions if the OS files get screwed up. Sometimes a misbhaved program can cause it to. On the positive side, a properly running and configured XP system can be quite stable. As an example, my personal PC and the ones I use at work with XP on them run fine. I take all the appropriate steps to protect these systems from spyware, viruses and all the junk out there and I have few problems. My Kids on the other hand, will have friends over and run who knows what going to game sites, joke sites, etc. and even under strong warnings, will run all sorts of programs on the web so they can use these sites, they ignore warnings from the anit-spyware stuff, etc.. Needless to say, their system runs slow and always has problems when I run scans for spyware always shows a bunch of threats...My scans always come up clean.

So while my limited experience is showing Mac OS X to be more stable, I will say that Windows isn't bad when taken care of properly. The problem is, it's too easy to get yourself in trouble with it as mentioned with the situation with my kids. 9 times out of 10, I'm seeing that people having the worst PC problems surf the risky sites and don't take care to project their systems properly.

OP
S

skateit12

i use both xp and mac everyday. I use my mac for everything normal like browsing internet listening to tunes stuff like that. The only reason for me to use xp now is to play games. I hate how games always come out for pc. If more games came out for mac i wud never need to use a pc again, now wouldnt that be a perfect world?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
I have both XP and Mac, and will soon hopefully be dual booting the two on my Intel Mac to make my life easier. Honestly, there's nothing bad about XP, I just like OS X better. Yes, people sometimes do get a bit fanboyish (myself included... :/) but the reason we gloat about OS X so much is we're just trying to express our true feelings about the better OS.

There's nothing wrong with Windows... unless you count for the fact that you need to reinstall it every 9 months.

The blue screen of death? macs have their own "blue screen of death"

viruses: there are viruses for macs, but you actually have to try to get one. As PowerBook G4 said once, "if you are stupid enough to download the virus, then you deserve it" (or something to that extent... i saw it in someone's sig once)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
macs have blue screens?

I have both XP and Mac. I don't HATE windows its just that i cant be as productive.
also, you know how if you right click a program or something, then go to compatibility and select win 95 or something, it crashes there for me, always. anyone know why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.