iPhone 5 bluetooth

Reaction score
Hi, My iphone 5, which was connected to the bluetooth in my van without any problems suddenly will not connect anymore. I have restarted the phone and switched bluetooth off and on but it still will not connect. Then unfortunately I foolishly clicked the "forget this device" button. Now obviously the van bluetooth will not appear on the list of items found when the phone searches for devices.

Any help on how to reverse this will be gratefully received.

Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can your iPhone detect other bluetooth devices? If so, sounds like an issue with the vans bluetooth if it can't be detected.

Can you do a reset of the bluetooth setting on the van kit?

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes the phone does detect other devices. The main problem is that I pressed the 'Forget this device' button on the iPhone, so now the phone will not search for the van.

I need to get the phone to not 'forget' the van device.

regards
Peter

C

chas_m

"Forgetting" the device in BT does not mean you can never connect to it again -- it means (in this case) you must re-establish the connection from the other end (i.e., put the van's BT system into discovery mode).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agreed.
You need to do exactly the same thing you did when you first got the phone and van connected.

Get the van to add a new device and then turn on the phones bluetooth. This will force them to go through the pairing process again

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately the van radio does not have a search for bluetooth devices facility. The only way to connect is to search for the van (Ford Transit Connect) on the iPhone and then type in the code that the radio shows on its screen.

The iPhone will not search for the van radio as I pressed the 'forget this device' button.....I need to know how to reverse this.

I have bought a new iPhone thinking that would do the trick, but I connected it to iTunes and loaded it with the info etc from my old iPhone......including the 'forgotten' devices.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Backup your iPhone to iCloud or to your Mac and then reset it from iTunes. That will wipe the "forget this device" setting. Then selectively restore only what you need such as music, video, etc. Your contacts and other data such as Safari bookmarks will automatically sync from your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's an 'add device' option on ford connect.

It doesn't broadcast waiting for devices to connect 24x7, only when it's in add device mode. The reason the iphone can't see the van is because it's not in this mode.

I'd suggest just dipping into a ford dealer. They'll connect it in a couple of minutes

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks will try that.

The connect radio was paired with the iPhone and was working perfectly well until one morning it just would not connect. I tried all of the normal restarts etc to no avail.

I have downloaded the radio manual from the Ford website and it gives no advice about pairing other than "search for ford audio on your device"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.