Crackling sound appears when recording in garageband

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm really going crazy over here!
I am using a EMU-usb 0404 audio device for recording. When i record any instrument or even vocals, i get a crackling random sound during the whole recording, as the device receives more audio info, the more these crackling sounds appear.
I know its a buffer problem, but I do not know how to access these settings inside garageband. I did it on my emu controls panel and set the sample rate as 44.1khz, same as in garageband. If i set my sample rate at another number, when i open garageband it drops down automatically to 44.1khz.

I am really trying to see where is the problem here, i guess its a buffer millisecond size. I use the same EMU device in windows 7 for cubase 5, and it works perfectly (over there i can access the buffer size of the device and set it to what i want, if i set a low size buffer, crackling appears of course, but as i increase buffer size, its goes off completely)

Any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

Chris,

PS: This is what I'm working with
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.