iMac iPhone iMessage issue - Please help!!!

Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased my iPhone 5s and have had an iMac 09. Whenever i text someone on my iphone, they reply on my mac and i cant see what they said on my phone. Im obviously pretty mad and I want some help. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open the "Messages.app" on your iMac. Now from the top menu, select "preferences". Click on the "Accounts" tab and make sure you've got your phone number checked off. You can also check off your email addresses if you choose.

Also tap settings on your iPhone and tap messages. Go to settings, tap send and receive, and make sure you have your number and also select any email address you want to receive iMessages at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Yeah, much better to have settings "checked off" so that they work rather than being "ticked off" when they don't. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.