Anyone know of a data recovery program for external hard drive for Apple OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I made the mistake of erasing my storage partition for all my Mac OS files on my external hard drive while creating a system image for restoring my Windows 7 partition. Now my problem is to recover the erased data from the Mac OS Extended Journal storage partition that I had on my external hard drive.

So far I have only been able to come by software that can recover only Windows-based format partitions (i.e. NTFS, exfat, etc.).

Can someone help me find a good viable software for restoring Mac OS Extended Journal partitions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Google Disk Drill. Several members here have tried it and seem to like it. I also have it, but I haven't put it through the paces.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You might also look at Data Rescue 3. It currently runs $99 US. and there is a demo available. IIRC the demo does not actually recover files but can give you an idea which files it is likely to be able to recover.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Another recommendation for Data Rescue, a very capable application.

OP
I
Reaction score
You might also look at Data Rescue 3. It currently runs $99 US. and there is a demo available. IIRC the demo does not actually recover files but can give you an idea which files it is likely to be able to recover.

Yes, just bought this and started running it. Hopefully, this works out well.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
A suggestion is to start working on a backup strategy as well :)

Cheers ... McBie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.