Mac Outlook 2011 missing Accounts under Tools pull down menu

Reaction score
Thats the issue I am having when i go to check or try to configure the Outlook 2011 and select Tools -> Accounts. The Accounts is not there so how can I get to the configuration options because i want to add a new mail box to the existing account.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible your Outlook Identity Data Base is out of whack or corrupt (a common error). Try repairing or re-building it to see if that resolves the missing Accounts option.

Read the following Microsoft KB article to learn how: LINK

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
I tried to install over existing copy and then when it completed it said it could not open the identity. So i clicked Option when starting Outlook to attempt rebuild and the when that didnt work clicked New but still did not work. So how do you completely uninstall and start fresh

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
It opened with new but no information there and it still was missing Accounts on pull down menu

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So how do you completely uninstall and start fresh

You're looking at a lot of work. All of Microsoft Office 2011 will have to be removed in order to remove Outlook and reinstall. Follow these MS KB instructions in order to remove and reinstall Office 2011.

Make sure you have your serial number on hand to reinstall and active Office otherwise you will not be able to use it.

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Well I found the pull down menu after install but its not actually on the Tools pull down menu on client its on the outer window where you have the Apple icon when the application is running. So now i just have to test it if the user gives me the correct password to add an account

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Well i removed it and delete some directories according the the information found and yea it was a little bit of work but at least its opening. I just have to confirm the users credentials because i cannot set up the mail until it authenticates. I do have a question about that because when it asked to build an account it tells you to enter the email address then the next field it says Domain and username. Now do i use a fwd slash for example Domain/username and will it work with just the email address & password and username instead of adding the domain

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.