Urgent reply required :

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 2.5Ghz 4Gb Mem 250Gb SSD & MacbookPro 15" 2013 Retina
Im currently thinking of buying a Mac Pro 5,1 one of the last to be built but I'm also thinking of a Raid card will a Apple MAC Pro RAID Card for Mac Pro A1247 639-0108 work ?

I presume the Black Card is the right card as currently have the blue in the 3,1 mac ?

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What do you mean by the thread title "Urgent reply required"?

"Required"…why use such an unfriendly term? The whole point of posting on an internet forum is to receive replies…so saying "reply required" is sort redundant.

The word "required" is also quite a turn-off. Do you know what the definition of required is??:

"Required" definitions:

- "to claim or ask for by right and authority"
- "to demand as necessary or essential"
- "officially compulsory, or otherwise considered essential"

"Required" is not a good term to use on an internet forum. Especially when the folks answering are helping do it out of friendliness, wanting to help others, and are volunteering their time & expertise and experiences.

I'm pretty sure a better title could have been created.:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 2.5Ghz 4Gb Mem 250Gb SSD & MacbookPro 15" 2013 Retina
I only put that purely as I'm bidding on the Raid Card and didn't want to purchase something that may not work in the Mac Pro I'm also purchasing.

Sorry Nick if i came across the wrong way please accept my apologises

Regards
Adam

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I only put that purely as I'm bidding on the Raid Card and didn't want to purchase something that may not work in the Mac Pro I'm also purchasing.

I think that a better title would be…"Raid Card for Mac Pro". Then in the post itself…explain the situation (as you did). But also explain the urgency for replies. Since like you mentioned…you are bidding on one (and could use fast replies).:)

The vast majority of threads on Mac-Forums receive replies very very quickly…so there rarely is the need to say "urgent" or "reply required". Everyone that posts a thread wants to receive replies…saying "reply required" is kind of unnecessary.:) And of you've noticed…MANY threads many times…receive replies within minutes of posting.:)

Pretty much the only time threads don't receive replies…is if the question is so unusual, rare, specific, or complex…that no one knows the answer.

Bottom line…no problems. Just like to keep things friendly.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.