• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ripping a website

L

ld0121

Hi everyone, does anyone know of a program for Mac OSX that can rip/download a whole website like a pc version ive found http://www.web-site-downloader.com/. It needs to be able to download all the elements i.e. images, styles etc. Ive tried Safari and that just creates one archive file, i need to get to the bits.

Thank
Lee

OP
B

bfx

Just a bit curious.

Are you trying to bypass a site's membership requirements and obtain data available only to those that paid the membership fee?

Or did you juat find a site you like the look of and want to adapt it's coding for your own site without doing much work?

bfx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't know why he wants to rip a site, but the reason I do it is so that I can access it on the road, for example, if I am reading through a website I think is interesting, I download it so that when i am on the road such as an airplane or long car ride, I can continue to read what was reading before i left.

OP
L

ld0121

Hi, thanks for everyones replys I will give web sucker a try. To answer a question i need this because i have a client who had a site with a certain company that went bust and took all the files with it, so I have no access to the original files or ftp, so my best start is to rip whats still on the website.

Thanks for everyones help

Cheers
Lee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.