Itunes Trouble

Reaction score
Okay Heres A Tricky Question Imac G5 Using 10.5.8 Is There Any Way To Go Back To A Earlier Version Of iTunes With Out Messing Up And Losing All my Audio Files As I Want To go back To The Version Of iTunes That Allowed Me To Back Up iTunes Library to Disc As At Present I Have Almost 3 Terabits Of Music And Sooner Or Later The Drive Will Crash

C

chas_m

You could check oldapps.com but the fundamental problem you're having is that your machine is nearly 10 years out of date. I'm not sure why you think your present version of iTunes can't back up music to disc either.

Have you thought about paring down your "collection" a bit? 3TB of music (roughly 750,000 four-minute songs) would take years to listen to every song. In fact, if my rough estimate is correct, it would take you six years of 24/7 listening before you'd hit the first repeated song. At eight hours of listening per day, seven days a week, it would take you 18 years to cycle through it all. To be blunt, that's kind of ridiculous.

I think when your parents told you to invest your money in CDs, you may have misunderstood what they meant. :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Let's see 3,000 GB and 4 GB per DVD, amounts to 750 DVDs.

With keeping track of what has already been burned to disc, the actual burning and labeling of each disc, let's call it an hour per DVD. 750 hours divided by 8 hours per day, 5 days a week - gonna take you close to 5 months to burn them all. Let's also say you get 100 discs for $25 - will need to purchase 800 of them - let's see that's $200.

Vs buying another 3 TB drive and copying to it - oh, let's say $100-$120 for the drive and what, perhaps 5-10 minutes of your time setting up and starting the copy process and then waiting less than 8 hours for it to finish I would think even with USB 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.