Outlook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Having been given a new computer at work, I must say that I'm impressed by the current Outlook 2010 installed on it. I know that the new one must be just as good, if not better. The only thing is that, at home, I like using the Apple Eco-system. It syncs well with my Mac at home, my iPhone and the rest of the future Apple devices.

I'm tempted to use Outlook on my Mac at home, considering that its really good on the Windows 8 computer at work.
Considering that Mail has excellent Exchange support, I have been using it at home to check my office mail. It works well. The only thing is that our IT guys say that Outlook can do stuff that Mail cannot. One of which is the ability to attach multiple emails to a single draft. I personally have never done that, ever. Never needed to, but in the event that I do need to, I like to know that my mail client can do that.

My concern is about leaving the Mac eco-system that I have currently going.
There is nothing wrong and no issues with the way things are at the moment. I like the way that Calendar manages my appointments, both personal and professional. I like the way that the tasks are all well organized on all my devices. It works well.

Does anyone have any opinions? Should I give Outlook a try? What will I loose when I do?

Reaction score
Having been given a new computer at work, I must say that I'm impressed by the current Outlook 2010 installed on it. I know that the new one must be just as good, if not better. The only thing is that, at home, I like using the Apple Eco-system. It syncs well with my Mac at home, my iPhone and the rest of the future Apple devices.

I'm tempted to use Outlook on my Mac at home, considering that its really good on the Windows 8 computer at work.
Considering that Mail has excellent Exchange support, I have been using it at home to check my office mail. It works well. The only thing is that our IT guys say that Outlook can do stuff that Mail cannot. One of which is the ability to attach multiple emails to a single draft. I personally have never done that, ever. Never needed to, but in the event that I do need to, I like to know that my mail client can do that.

My concern is about leaving the Mac eco-system that I have currently going.
There is nothing wrong and no issues with the way things are at the moment. I like the way that Calendar manages my appointments, both personal and professional. I like the way that the tasks are all well organized on all my devices. It works well.

Does anyone have any opinions? Should I give Outlook a try? What will I loose when I do?
Honest answer try outlook but back up anything that not nailed down just in case first. Otherwise heck dust the cobwebs and wear a big grin. You may find after a month you are comfortable with Mail and might add a extra flavour to the package.

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Honest answer try outlook but back up anything that not nailed down just in case first. Otherwise heck dust the cobwebs and wear a big grin. You may find after a month you are comfortable with Mail and might add a extra flavour to the package.
Thanks for the reply. In truth, I don't need to change. Honestly Mail has been good so far. I know that there are users out there that just don't like it at all. But for me, it has been working rather well.
With Yosemite coming soon, I think I would like to stay with in the Eco-system and see what the new features are like to live with. Should be interesting, I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.