Help, I've inherited a mess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
My new boss! I've got a Dropbox folder (3.66 gb, 4075 items), another folder on a mac (1.89 gb, 960 items) and an 8 gb USB stick with about 2 gb of files (so essentially 3 folders) with some files with different names, some with the same names but newer information, and some files not on one or the other of the 3. Some files are in sub folders and some not.

I need to amalgamate them, keeping all the most recent information and/or any unchanged information. Any suggestions on the best way? I'm fairly new to Macs. There's likely a method or a download to help me, but I'm at a loss.

If I'm in the wrong forum, please move me to the correct one and thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Diane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Dupeguru might be your best bet

You can select multiple sources (the usb stick, dropbox and any folder) and scan them. Dupeguru will find duplicates and select the most up to date. But you have control over what to do next

dupeGuru - Duplicate file scanner

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
Thanks for your suggestion, Louishen. I'll download it and give it a try.
Wish me luck.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.