I Pad reverts back to home page

Reaction score
I have tried downloading and app and then deleting it w/out opening it, and reseting it back to factory settings. still doing it. Any new ideas ??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does "reverts back to home page" mean? What app did you download but not use? Not enough information to go on..

OP
B
Reaction score
i pad reverts back to home

The only way I know to explain my self better is: when using Google on my I Pad at different times it keeps going back to my home page. I am using the latex model of I Pad. I think it is called I Pad 5. I hope this better explains my problem.

C

chas_m

I think what bjorgan is trying to say is that one of his iPad apps is crashing. Perhaps the Google search app? Or one of the dozens of other apps Google makes? No way to tell without more information.

At a wild guess, I'm wondering if he (or she) has ever actually shut down their iPad. Not slept it by pressing the button on the top, I mean actually shut it completely off. Whenever I encounter people having issues with the iPad, it's almost always that they've never actually shut it down before, or they've filled it completely full.

OP
B
Reaction score
i pad crashing

I have tried shutting my i pad down. i have also been told to download a app and then deleting it with out opening it, whig I did. I am still having this annoying problem. is there another search engine available which works as well as google ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm still unclear here. Are you using the Google search app? If not, are you using Google through a browser? And what does the app installation/uninstallation have to do with this?

OP
B
Reaction score
I was told on several sites by downloading another app and deleting would solve this problem. i am using the google search app .

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It sounds like the app is just crashing. A simple solution would be, in the meantime, to simply use the browser to do your searches (unless of course you're using Google Now).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if you're just using search, you might as well access it through the browser since you don't gain anything by using the app (unless, again, you're using the Google Now functionality built in to get automatic updates for things like weather, traffic, etc.).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.