Playing a CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 15 inch, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7.
I have a cd which contains files with vob, bhp and ufo suffixes.
I am unable to open tees files on my iMac. I would appreciate advice as to how to open to view these files.
Many thanks

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for very quick reply. Sorry I should have typed .BUP not BHP. I have tried your links, no luck so far..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are those fileextensions bup, ifo, and vob? If so they are the component files of a video DVD. The .ifo file contains information about the number of chapters, menus, etc. and the .bup files are a backup of that information. The .vob files contain the audio and video content in mpeg format.

If these files are things you have the right to copy you can use http://handbrakeformac.com or MPEG Streamclip to convert the files to something else.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Slydude-I have success! I connected to iSkysoft and all my problem files opened. Minor issue I can live with is Watermark which appears on the converted output. It costs money to obtain the full software version. Many thanks for your help.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad you got that working. If, like most of us, budget is an issue for you, check out Handbrake which is free. MPEG Streamclip uses the MPEG 2 Playback Component which has to be purchased from Apple. Under Lion and later you have to jump through a few hoops to get this installed. Apple's installer tells you QuickTime doesn't need it but MPEG Streamclip needs it for certain types of files.

C

chas_m

I wouldn't trust iSkysoft (or any company ending in -soft except Microsoft) with any payment details or personal info.

C

chas_m

We need to take the info in cradom's post and add some stuff to it and make it a sticky ... Apple-Forums investigates dodgy video software companies or something like that. :)

Reaction score
They're in the same family as Aimersoft. Shysters (opinion mine).

Reaction score
Way to come out of left field! I got nothing...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.