Changing Aspect Ratio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
Alright, I have an iMac G5 and I use mirroring on a tv and was wondering if there was anyway to change the aspect ratio of the display. I've went through system preferences and done about everything in there, but I can't find anything about aspect ratio. When I'm using my tv I can't see the very top menu bar or the dock. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

--
MacGuy18

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
1. The menu bar can only be on one screen. So unless you went into System Preferences>Display>Arrangement and dragged the MenuBar over to the TV it will only display on the default monitor.

2. The dock is the same way, it will ONLY appear on the main monitor, unless you have the arrangement of the TV so that if it's to the left of the main monitor and you keep your dock on the left side, it will be on the FAR left of the TV.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
I'm talking about mirroring. Not using the tv as a different display. I can see everything on the desktop and just the top of the dock if I strech it out all the way. Also, is there anyway I can use the tv and turn the imac monitor off?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.