lost passcode for ipad 3rd wi fi only

Reaction score
I am just sick. I cannot get into my ipad. I am being blocked out at the 15 min mark now. I really thought and wrote down the passcode as what I used with my apple ID. I am scared I will lost this ipad. I cannot get it back to the original mac computer to put it back. Is there any thing I can do?

OP
A
Reaction score
I think I have found the solution. USE Recovery mode. Do you think this will work? The ipad has never been linked to my imac. Will wait to hear from someone. TIA Adloona

OP
A
Reaction score
Lost passcode for iPad 3rd wifi only

I cannot get this ipad back to the orignial mac that set it. If I use Recovery Mode and link to my imac, will this work to reset it? TIA

OP
A
Reaction score
bobtomay, your link is where I found the Recovery Mode directions. Nothing is said about being the same computer or different computer that you use for this.

After doing some searching, I believe I never did put in a passcode. Before I turned it off the for the last time, I was able to set up the wifi.

I have not updated to iTunes 11 on my imac so I had better copy my music and xlm document for it over to an external hard drive.

Thanks for the link.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After doing some searching, I believe I never did put in a passcode.

If that's true, then you shouldn't be asked for one when you turn on your iPad.

OP
A
Reaction score
did not note where I read this today, but it said os7 did not tell about this glitch, that you have to figure out where to put the password, but it wasn't advertised. So one does not know to do this before turning it off. Hope that made sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.