Connecting Panasonic PV GS150 to newer MacBookPro

Reaction score
I have a newer MacBook Pro that doesn't have a firewire connection. It has USB, Thunderbolt and HDMI
I connected my old Panasonic GS150 Video Camera from Mini to the USB port on the MacBook but it would not recognize it to upload videos to IMovie.
Older forums said to get a Firewire IEEE1394 cable and connect the 4pin end to my video camera, which I did, but the other end (6pin) has nowhere to connect on the MacBook. So I bought a Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter but the 6pin end of the 1394 cable wouldn't fit in that end of the adapter.
I'm at a loss, I can't find anything that will fit the end of that adapter AND have the 4pin at the other end to connect to the firewire port on my video camera.
Apple was of NO help.

Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Wrong cable. You need a 4 pin to 9 pin Firewire cable - should expect to pay maybe $8-$20. Check Amazon or monoprice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.