iPad won't connect to wi-fi

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am using a macbook and an iPhone 4S to connect to the internet via a
linksys router. This has been working just fine for 2 years. Now my niece and nephew are visiting and they have the mini-pads. We have tried everything but they won't connect to our network.

Why would iPhone and other MacBooks and other phones connect but not the iPad?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, let me start w/ a simple question, i.e. is your Wi-Fi network protected (e.g. WEP, WPA, etc.) indicating a need for a password? Dave :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
These are Apple iPads?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
No, it is not password protected

OK - the simple answer did not work - sorry (BUT, I would suggest that you pass protect your Wi-Fi network in the future, esp. if you have neighbors that can connect).

SO, some more information - are your relative's iPads seeing your network, i.e. is the network name showing up on their iPads (this is the SSID of your network, i.e. it's name) - routers can be set to not broadcast, so that could be an issue? If so, they will need to enter that name.

If that is not the issue, I would next suggest that you 'power recycle' your modem & router, i.e. unplug both (if separate) the re-power sequentially, i.e. modem first and then the router - let me stop there to see if these suggestions help. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Get them to restart their iPad Mini and then try again. When you touch the WiFi Networks in Settings, and you have Available Networks Show up, click on your Network, then go to the Back of the Linksy Router and look for the password on the Back of the Router and try applying that to the network they are trying to connect to.
When you first set up the router, it will by default use the password on the back of the router for your security to stop others using it. You just might have forgotten it has a pa because you have used it for so long ?? (My sister did just this )

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Y'all, I wanted to let you know this problem was solved. It was a bad router. Thanks for all your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.