Safari Background Color

Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the background color for Safari. I picked up this suggestion elsewhere, and I know it may not work for every webpage, but it doesn't seem to work at all. I change it from .rtf to .css and it becomes a style sheet. Don't know if I'm not doing something else correct. The suggested style-sheet:

/* force body background color */
body {
background-color: #aaaabb ! important ; /* blue gray */

Reaction score
Try this: save it as a .css file
Open Safari, go to Preferences/Advanced. Click on Style Sheet. Select Other.
Navigate to and select the file. See if it works.

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did save it as a .css file. Actually, I had to save as a .rtf and then changed the name in Finder to .css. It shows as a style sheet. I make the selection in Preferences, but I don't see any difference. Maybe all the websites I've visited have a designated background.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
First thing is you didn't close out the Brackets, so thats why it didn't work.

You need this
Code:
/* force body background color */
body {
background-color: #aaaabb ! important ; /* blue gray */
}

I just tried this, and had it saved in Dropbox background.css and all it gives the coulor in Imgur and Droplr as seen in the screen caps below.

But yes it does work.

38qT8Dm.png

zGGYUcl.png

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.