Bose Companion 2 series 2 sound issue

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Bose Companion 2 series II speakers, and I noticed a bizarre pattern in the sound.

When playing songs, it seems like the sound goes up then down in volume in continuous pattern. Almost as if the sound becomes compressed periodically.

Anyone had this issue and if so any solutions?

Note: I'm using a macbook air 2011 (OS X 10.9.3)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Funny, I just bought a pair of Bose Companion 2, Series III speakers. Though they have a bit of a "reverb" tone to them that I find to be unusual, they sound great for the most part.

I did, however, find that I needed to change my EQ settings in iTunes. Whereas I had it set for "small speakers", I turned it off entirely. Perhaps those settings need to be looked at in your case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I have a pair of Companion 2 Series III, and run them like I do everything else "FLAT". These speakers do a fine job for their price point, and I have never experienced anything like you mention. Like already mentioned, I would check your EQ settings and see where they sit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.