Active Directory Permissions

O

osumarty

Client Machine OS 10.4.5 I have it binding to Active Directory and it works fine.

Log in as a local admin to the machine not on the network and map the drive with a user account and can copy to the file server.

Log in with a domain user and can see the file server share but when trying to copy to it it states that there is insufficient permissions to a folder or file.

The user does not have enough permissions on the local Mac. What can I do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I would speculate that you accomplish this the same way you would for a windows client.

Windows=Add Domain User account to local Administrators group

Mac=Add Domain User to local admins group (via Netinfo Manager)

*note
I have not tested this and do not know the syntax. I assume it be just the users shortname, but might be domain\shortname or domain/shortname. It may even be [email protected]l. There's also an authedusers group in OS X but I'd stay away from that.

Hope this helps.

OP
O

osumarty

How would I go about doing this inside of netinfo?

It gives me some strange options inside of net info none pointing me towards giving access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
When you "Manage > My Computer" you add Domain Users to the local Administrators group.

When in Netinfo there are subsets of the root or "/". One of which is groups > admin (admin being the administrators group). Under users (which may be populated with a few names already) select a name and then click the dupilcate icon above. You'll be able to then rename the duplicate entry to a domain user perhaps. Like I said previously, the correct syntax of the domain user will be trial and error. Select save changes from the Domain menu and "update this copy". See what happens.

Good Luck

*note

Netinfo is kind of like "the Registry" for windows. If possible try this out on a non production machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.