PowerBook G4 Airport Card

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to Mac and getting to really like it. I got a late 2005 15" PowerBook and it does just what I need it to with one exception. I do a lot of presentations with video inserts. I'm having problems with video that I've downloaded with the PowerBook. If I download with the ThinkPad and transfer on a thumb drive, it works fine. Could it be a problem with the airport card? I'm not sure which card it has.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does everything else work fine via the Airport card (internet, email, etc.)?

If so…I doubt that the problem has anything to do with the Airport card. The Airport card is simply a piece of communications hardware…and shouldn't cause any issue with a video file.

It's possible that the age of the computer, the old version of the Mac OS that the Powerbook is limited to, or the old versions of other software are the sources of the problem.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
It is at that age. It's a little slow on downloads at times, but usually isn't too bad. I was just wondering because of the differences in the video performance. I may try it on the router upstairs and see if it has the problem too.

OP
C
Reaction score
I tired the router upstairs, no problems. The wireless, dsl unit from the phone company seems to be the problem. My IdeaTab doesn't like it either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.