browser devil in my Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, OS 10.9.2, Intel i5, 8 gig DDR3
Strangest thing ... I keep both Safari and Firefox in my arsenal of apps, BUT when I try to access pcworld.com either directly or via a link using Firefox, that browser can't connect. However, Safari will connect.
As Red Buttons use to say, "strange things are happening".
Point me in the right direction pls.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I remember "Red Buttons", he was quite a comedian, however, I gave up on FF a long time ago. Might just be me but it's buggy and sometimes has a mind of its own. May not be an excuse for what's happening in your case, but you might try using Chrome or even Opera as an alternate for Safari. Either that or you can try the "Red Buttons" dance and music to see if that scares the gremlins out of FF. ;P

OP
fezopolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, OS 10.9.2, Intel i5, 8 gig DDR3
Remember the dance ... **! **! hee! hee! funny guy.

I guess I'll just use the end-around play to get to pcworld (copy the headline, google it and hit the links that show up. not perfect, but neither am I. thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Red did play the odd serious role. The one I liked best was as a US Paratrooper on D-Day landing caught on a church spire whilst being shot at! Movie was a stark black and white "The Longest Day".

Reaction score
I think you might have other problems, Firefox connects to pcworld.com just fine.
What extensions are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I think you might have other problems, Firefox connects to pcworld.com just fine.
What extensions are you using?

As usual, straight to the point Craig ;) But I agree, what Extensions are you using ??
I only ask, because I had trouble accessing the Aust Mac World site, and when I emailed the Editor, he asked if I was using a Ad Blocker, and I said yes. That was the problem. There geeks are making trouble for those using a Ad Blocker, because (at least the Australian site) heavily relies on Clicks per Ad, so if you have a Ad blocker, you can't see their Adverts and click on them, hence I couldn't access it using Safari, or unless I disable Ad Blocker . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.