How To Merge 2 Keynote Presentations So They Play As One Continuous Presentation?

Reaction score
I'm using Keynote 6.2 on OSX 10.9.3

I have two Keynote presentations and I did an audio voice-over narration for both of them. Lets call these two Keynote presentations: Presentation A and Presentation B.

I added Presentation B to the end of Presentation A (Command A > Command C) but when I go to Play > Play Recorded Slideshow it only plays the slides and audio for Presentation A and stops at the end of Presentation A thus totally ignoring Presentation B that I copied and pasted on to the end of Presentation A.

I just tried Export to Quicktime and the .m4v file it created when played back is doing the same thing where it only plays the slides and audio for the Presentation A but there is nothing there at all for the Presentation B that I added.

QUESTION:

How can I merge both presentations A and B together so when I click Play Recorded Slideshow they will BOTH play all the way through (including the audio) to the end as if they were one Keynote presentation?

Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I haven't worked with Keynote even though I have the latest version, however, using Powerpoint... both presentations can be combined into one but it requires re-doing it as one continuous presentation. In other words, insert presentation B into A and give it a new file name. Should be easy enough to do but not having worked with Keynote, I can't verify if it would work the way you want it to. (It does work well with Powerpoint.)

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried renaming it and it still stops at the last slide in Presentation A. The strange thing is that when I do the Play mode it does show that the Presentation B slides are in there too.

I've tried a lot of stuff and looked all over the internet and I'm starting to think that the only way to merge them is to export them as two .m4v files and then import both into iMovie.

I haven't worked with Keynote even though I have the latest version, however, using Powerpoint... both presentations can be combined into one but it requires re-doing it as one continuous presentation. In other words, insert presentation B into A and give it a new file name. Should be easy enough to do but not having worked with Keynote, I can't verify if it would work the way you want it to. (It does work well with Powerpoint.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.