• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple bringing a Wearable out in October for their new HealthKit ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Again, if rumours are to be true, it looks like Apple is bringing out a Wearable (with the help of Nike) out in the October Announcements . . . Would you buy one ??

Apple’s health-focused wearable is coming in October?

Referencing unnamed “industry sources,” the website says Apple’s new hardware will use a curved OLED display – shades of Samsung’s Gear Fit – to help users track health data and receive obligatory smartphone notifications.

CONCEPT

Vri0Gv9.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Would I buy? Nah not really. Just nothing I am interested in. Now if they can develop some oakly style sunglasses with built in display so I can interact via my iPod say with FaceTime or Skype.. heck yea.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Would I buy? Nah not really. Just nothing I am interested in. Now if they can develop some oakly style sunglasses with built in display so I can interact via my iPod say with FaceTime or Skype.. heck yea.

Give ém time. In the Keynote, Tim said that Swift, the new Programming language Apple is bringing out, was 4yrs in the pipeline, and no-one outside of the Swift team would of known about it, because there was no evidence in ANY writings, or code Apple has put out in the last 4 yrs. Heck, we even know when I new iMac is coming out, because there is some reference to it in Updates that Apple pushes out to us, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is something they have as a idea, they are working on.
But think, Google Glass, how much it is, and how much Testing they are still doing, to be able to bring it out, at a reasonable price, so people adopt it . . .

Time will tell.

Reaction score
it's true that the announcement of the HealthKit was one more indicator that Apple might be about to release some kind of wearable fitness gear. I was thinking, does it have to be a wristband though?
Nike already has some experience in the field with the fuelband, so that could be a succesful cooperation.

As you said, time will tell.

Reaction score
I'm a nikeFuelband user already, so I really love it, but it'll propably be too **** expensiv..:(

Reaction score
I've already seen Android Wear, and I rather like it, I'm very curious as to what Apple is planning for wearable tech.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
i already use my iPhone with an iHealth blood pressure cup and an oximeter for checking O2. It provides result in a chart or list document. It is very handy for sending results to the doctor. Additionally I have a USB wristband that has all my health information. I can see this being a useful tool for those of us that either like to keep their medical information easily accessible or it is a medical necessity to do so.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Other than specific use cases (such as medical ones for example), I don't get this trend towards wearables. While I think Google's implementation is the best thus far, that's like saying that a punch to the shoulder is way better than being punched in the face; all the options are useless, awkward and meet some market demand that doesn't exist. Is it really that necessary to save 3 seconds to look at a truncated notification that will likely just point you to your mobile device?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
Other than specific use cases (such as medical ones for example), I don't get this trend towards wearables. While I think Google's implementation is the best thus far, that's like saying that a punch to the shoulder is way better than being punched in the face; all the options are useless, awkward and meet some market demand that doesn't exist. Is it really that necessary to save 3 seconds to look at a truncated notification that will likely just point you to your mobile device?

There is another completely different aspect to this scenario. Many people will spend big bucks just because it is something "Apple", new and different. I admit I have done this myself a few times. Only the consumers can determine if it is something viable and worth the expense.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There has been some great wearables popping up on Kickstarter lately, and not acknowledging the Pebble, these things are full wrap arounds and are doing quite well, considering not many know of KS.

Wearables are the "next big thing" and if anyone can do it right, I'm sure Apple will have a red hot go at getting it right. I would be wary of the .v 1 of it, but with the kinks gone .v2 could be something to look at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac intel core duo "17 early 2006 with snow leopard
i'm a fan of the technology applied at the daily lifestyle, but i'm skeptical of the v1 of wearables. i don't think of the first smartwatch both accurate for used to medical sector.
anyway i read today the last rumor for the date of bringing out the iwatch is september .
Source; Re/code

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nah Brent not for me.

Might remind me how old and ill I am!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
more people don't want to know if they are ill, but personally i think it's a very good think that the technology helpful in this case.
however i think that for this application this wereable or any type of technology he should extremely dependable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what i mean, i say a refer on a new generation of wearable.
excuse for my english, but i'm study from not more time this language

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.