Keychain want to disable or turn off

Reaction score
Hello I am running Mac OS X and I have a computer i sometimes lend out to users. So there are 2 or 3 profiles. The problem is the keychain pops up from time to time so you can see why this could get messy. I want to know is there a way to turn it off or should i disable and then have the option to enable it for users that use the keychain for passwords

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The better thing to do is set up the Guest account and disable automatic login. Have the people you loan it to use the Guest account and they are isolated from your stuff. Bear in mind that the Guest home folder is deleted automatically when logging out, so they can't save anything.

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Hi

So create a guest account you think is better but they cannot save any documents anywhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

So create a guest account you think is better but they cannot save any documents anywhere?

Well if you want them to be saving their docs on your computer, then that's another matter. Why not set up a dedicated user account just for guests to use that doesn't have admin privileges then?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have to agree there. If the other users have access to your account there is too much potential for problems or data loss. At that point it really won't matter whether the data is lost deliberately or accidentally. With access to an admin account any one of them could do things like change the admin password etc.

If they only use your Mac once in a while then a Guest account is probably best. They can still save information to a flash drive. if needed and stray files are removed when they shut down. If they use your Mac regularly, and need to save files create standard accounts for each user.

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Funny i might blame you if the dinosaurs get out everything else i can deal with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funny i might blame you if the dinosaurs get out everything else i can deal with

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Not my fault. Somebody else is taking the fall for that one.

@lifeisabeach I think that was a reference to the dinosaur roaming free portion of my sig.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not my fault. Somebody else is taking the fall for that one.

@lifeisabeach I think that was a reference to the dinosaur roaming free portion of my sig.

Ohhhh! *slaps forehead* Never noticed it. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.