Car Mount

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been looking for a solution to mount my iPhone in my car and all I seemed to be coming across were those horrid window sucker mounts - man I hate those!!

I then came across a pretty cool product from a company called Breffo and it's called the Spiderpodium. The product itself looks very handy and a really good car mount but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any other recommendations before I buy one?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
IMO, mounting the phone directly in front of the vent is likely not the smartest idea. Especially when you have heat blowing out of those vents. You could, of course, turn off the vents where you use this mount..

OP
A
Reaction score
IMO, mounting the phone directly in front of the vent is likely not the smartest idea. Especially when you have heat blowing out of those vents. You could, of course, turn off the vents where you use this mount..

Great point RazorEdge, this is exactly what I thought and yes I would just turn off the vents that I wasn't using. I do really like the concept of a vent mount, especially due to the new laws of a penalty if you use a windshield mount...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hmm, I wasn't aware there were penalties tied to having the windshield mount. In that case this holder might work well enough..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Hmm, I wasn't aware there were penalties tied to having the windshield mount. In that case this holder might work well enough..

Well, certainly in the UK, it is classed as 'driving without due care and attention' or 'dangerous driving', depending on the circumstances, to have anything other than a government issued notice (i.e. car tax disc), attached to anywhere within the wipe area... So, basically, every police car in the country is breaking the law :p

There are two designated segments of the wipe area, right in front of the driver - noting larger than 10mm can be obstructing the view, and the rest of the wipe area - 40mm, if I remember correctly. So, almost every satnav and half of dashcams are illegal (anything with suction-mount) ;)

My satnav is mounted on top of the dash, iPhone is on the special console next to the head unit, and the dashcam is waaaay up, right behind the rear view mirror, with its [permanent] sticky pad just above the wipe area. Perfectly legal :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.