Need help selecting Mac

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 13 year old app developer who is looking for a new macbook. I was wondering about a couple of things before buying a macbook. First, should I go with a high end macbook air or a macbook pro. Also what internals should i go with on the mac. I will do ios development for apps as basic as flappy bird up to moderately complex apps. I will also be doing web development and will be hosting my own web server. I will be doing work for school such as word documents and video presentations. And I will occasionally be using hacking tools like metasploit,HashCat,(For ethical reasons;) ) I will also be doing every day normal stuff,(Web browsing, Photoshop, Skype etc.). I will also be doing some light gaming,(mainly online mmorpg's). I would also like for it to last at least 4 years without becoming unresponsive. And last but not least I have a small budget of $1500.

Thank you for your valuable time.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I would suggest that you got with the 13" Macbook Pro (the non-retina kind) for $1199. You can upgrade the CPU to the i7 for $150 and the total price of the MBP will be $1349.

I wouldn't upgrade anything else, you an replace the 5400 RPM HDD with an SSD sometime in the future for a performance boost and upgrade the memory from the 4GB when it begins to interfere with your work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.