One good app to have.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 13, iPhone SE 2, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I know that the purists will disagree with me but after using this app for 3 years now with no problems at all I feel pretty safe in recommending CleanMyMac. Obviously if you never instal a harmful program in the first place you will not need CMM but when something insideous like Geneio instals itself without your permission getting rid of it without using the command line can be difficult and dangerous. This app has successfully removed apps and more importantly associated files for me on two computers for years now. Unlike other similar apps it does not run in the background or report to the "mother ship". It is simple to use, selective in it's actions, informative and relatively cheap. Most of all it is completely under my control. The usual rules apply, always have a backup first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I recommend AppZapper for the same thing ;)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.