Anyone ever heard of an eMate???

Reaction score
So my school just bought a whole bunch of alphasmarts and they are handing out theses old emates that they no longer need or want. One problem they have 8 eMates and two power cords and I didnt get a power cord where would i find one??? Anyone ever seen these things work????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What kind of powercord is it? I don't know what an emate is so I can't help, but if you let me know what kind it is I will be sure to try to point you in the right direction. Is it an apple powercord or is it a standard in powercords, just old an outdated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
eMate was Apple's educational Newton laptop type thing. eBay is probably your best bet.

Picture:
picture19wz.jpg

OP
redneckmac
Reaction score
yes my new emate looks identical to that of the picture that Mr. Daines put up. The power cord is a 7.5V-12V plug and is just the opposite of the plugs for Ibooks which have a prong in the middle of the circle mon the cord the eMate has one in the computer port.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
redneckmac
Reaction score
thanks travis I will order those tonight a battery and power cord just in case

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.