MS Outlook won't open

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
When I click on the MS Outlook icon on the dock, I get the flash screen but then it shuts down. Prior to this it was working, but then I ran out of power and the system shut down. I think it was OK when I restarted, but can't really be sure as I'm always on more than one computer and don't quite remember.

Any advice?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I started clicking around, and tried Option <click> and it opened a "Repair main identity" database utility. I ran that and it worked. That was pretty lucky for me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That was the correct procedure. When your MBP ran out of power and shut down, that corrupted the Outlook Identity Data Base. Yes, you were lucky the repair worked. :)

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never mind lucky that it worked. I was lucky I found it, and I figured it couldn't hurt to run it once I did. The big problem is that I'm on my own with my mac at work. I have one of the few out of about 30,000 computers, almost all Lenovo.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have one of the few out of about 30,000 computers, almost all Lenovo.

Oh, I remember those days well. Working for the US government as a computer tech for many years, the word was... you'll never get in trouble for buying IBM. (Now Lenovo.) We had about that many PS2s plus several main frames at one time. Kept everyone busy.

Reaction score
Need help

I started clicking around, and tried Option <click> and it opened a "Repair main identity" database utility. I ran that and it worked. That was pretty lucky for me.

Can you tell me where to find the "Option" that you have referenced, have the exact problem as described but no clue how to resolve it..

also: will repairing the main identity wipe any previous changes made to my account?

also: any thoughts on how this may impact shared account identities?

Thanks so much in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.