MacBook Pro display

Reaction score
My 2 year old MacBook Prod with latest OS display won't light up. Could it be software?
Can I fix it myself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My 2 year old MacBook Prod with latest OS display won't light up. Could it be software?
Can I fix it myself?

I'm not sure what you mean by "won't light up". Does the MBP appear to come on and boot up, but the display doesn't show anything? Do you get a chime when starting up? Are you certain the battery is charged? Does anything happen when you turn it on?

OP
R
Reaction score
Reply to response

Thanks for responding. The Mbp appears to come on, it stars up. It chimes when I hold down the control key and command key and press the start button. Some ov the keys work. The volume keys work, and the caps lock key lites up and goes out. Also I here a "dunk" sound when I hit a wrong key. A
So it has a lighted keyboard and it light up under te keys. But no display light. It just stays black. Like the computer is waiting for my password but I can't see the box to put it in.
The charging cable has a green light on it and it lights up when I put it in the computer. The brightness controls do not effect it.

Hope this helps
Raymey

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Try booting the computer with an external display attached (if you have one).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.