Mavericks Mail.app Compose problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2008 Macbook 2.4 Core 2 duo 8G Of Ram 240G OWC SSD
Hi, whenever I compose a new mail from within Mail.app, it will occasionally automagically stick a copy in Drafts without my intent. It has begun to do this much more often as of late. This is on a Gmail IMAP box using the standard inbox. I've tried several configurations in an attempt to consistently reproduce the result and cannot manage to pinpoint the issue. Any ideas?

C

chas_m

It's hard to say based on your description, but this sounds like perfectly normal behaviour. Whenever you pause in typing, or have been composing for a while, a copy will automatically be saved in Drafts until you actually send. Seems sensible to me.

OP
drumvudu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2008 Macbook 2.4 Core 2 duo 8G Of Ram 240G OWC SSD
It's hard to say based on your description, but this sounds like perfectly normal behaviour. Whenever you pause in typing, or have been composing for a while, a copy will automatically be saved in Drafts until you actually send. Seems sensible to me.

I guess I wasn’t specific enough. I’m saying that even with no pausing whatsoever, drafts are being left in the drafts folder even after sending the said mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
You can try this:

Mail | Preferences | Accounts --> click on your Gmail IMAP account in the left pane --> Mailbox Behaviours and untick 'Store draft messages on server' in the Drafts section

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.