iPhone 5C quality issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro , 2.4ghz, 200gb HD, 4GB RAM; PowerBook G4 12".
Been a few years since I've posted a question, but here it goes;
I've got an iPhone 5C that I purchased back in October. The phone was great at first and never really noticed any issues. However, over the last month or so, I've noticed an issue with build quality. It seems as if the screen is almost pushing into the phone and making a slight creaking noise. Should I be concerned with this? Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is it something that Apple might cover under their 1 year warranty?

Side note: I have used a Speck Candyshell on the phone since the beginning. Could that cause issues?

Thanks,

Derek

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also own a 5c and have not noticed any problems with the screen. I don't think the Speck case would cause that. Since the phone is warranted against defects for one year I would certainly have Apple look at it. Also, if you purchased the phone from your carrier they may be willing to swap it out if there is a defect. (Depends on the carrier.)

C

chas_m

The Spec case could conceivably be holding in heat which could be warping the chassis. As advised, take it an Apple store and have somebody check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.