Drawing App for taking notes

Reaction score
What's an app that you can take notes with on iPad? I'm too lazy to type so all I want to do is get my stylist pen or my finger to write notes down. It's specifically for taking notes when I am on the phone or listening to someone speak in person.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I personally prefer Write Pad since it will do handwriting recognition. I have a few other apps I use, but I don't have my iPad with me atm. Write Pad has been around for a long time and is still being updated regularly.

If you just want to be able to scribble your notes without handwriting recognition, there are a ton out there now that support that. I usually prefer paid apps or free apps without ads but with in app purchases as I don't like dealing with ads popping up as I'm working.

Reaction score
Notability

I luuuuuuuv Notability by Ginger labs! :*
My life has been much more organized since downloading this app. You can type, or write. You can Record audio! You can attach audio to your note. You can draw a picture within your note "cut" a circle around it and place it within your note wherever you want. You can send your note or drawing as a PDF (with wifi activation and a PDF app installed).
I directed a film last Summer. I shudder to think what I would have done without this app :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
I noticed there's a lot of free apps with ads, too. Also, before buying, I check the reviews.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.